In accordance with this philosophy, Toshiba Information Systems (Japan) Corporation ("Toshiba Information Systems"), aims to enhance corporate value through business activities in the field of information services and contribute to improving people's quality of life and developing their culture.
Recognizing the importance of protecting personal data, Toshiba Information Systems makes every effort to fully comply with the following policy.
- Toshiba Information Systems has established a management system for the protection of personal data, and steadily implements and maintains it, while striving to continuously improve it.
- Toshiba Information Systems utilizes personal data within the scope of the intended use that is clearly communicated to customers. Toshiba Information Systems does not disclose or divulge data provided by customers to third parties except with the consent of the customer from whom the personal data was obtained or when there is a legitimate reason.
- Toshiba Information Systems strictly observes the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and relevant laws, guidelines established by the government, other regulations and internal rules of Toshiba Information Systems.
- To ensure the safety and accuracy of personal information, Toshiba Information Systems impelements safety measures and provides employee with training programs, and establishes corrective and other necessary measures with the aim of preventing unauthorized access to, or loss, damage, falsification or leakage of personal data.
- Toshiba Information Systems responds to inquiries from customers concerning personal data or requests from customers for disclosure of personal data adequately.
Enforced: January 25, 2000
Revised: June 27, 2016
Sousuke Ito, Representative Executive Officer
Toshiba Information Systems (Japan) Corporation
2. The PrivacyMark
In November 1998, Toshiba Information Systems acquired PrivacyMark certification from the Japan Information Processing Development Corporation (currently, Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community) (JIPDEC). The PrivacyMark is awarded to companies that appropriately handle personal data.
3. Intended Use of Personal Data
When collecting personal data, Toshiba Information Systems clearly indicates in advance the purpose for which the personal data is intended to be used, and uses such data within the scope of the stated purpose of use.
When the need to use a customer's personal data for any purpose that goes beyond the stated purpose of use arises, Toshiba Information Systems notifies the customer of the need and obtains the customer's consent before using the information for such purpose.
Refer to the Intended Use of Persona Data (Japanese only) page for the intended use of personal data held by Toshiba Information Systems.
4. Provision of Personal Data
Toshiba Information Systems does not disclose customers' personal data to third parties or provide it for third parties except for the following cases.
- When the customer has given a prior consent to the disclosure or the provision
- When the disclosure or the provision is required which is based on laws and regulations
- When disclosure and provision is necessary for the protection of human life, human health or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- When Toshiba Information Systems consigns the handling of personal data to a third party within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- When another entity succeeds to the business of Toshiba Information Systems due to a merger, company split, transfer of business or otherwise
5. Inquiries Concerning Personal Data
- Please make any inquiries concerning your personal data to the department with which you have registered such data.
6. Procedures for Requests for Disclosure
Toshiba Information Systems complies with the following requests from customers concerning the customer's personal information held by Toshiba Information Systems: 1) Requests for disclosure; 2) Requests for notification of the intended purpose; 3) Requests for correction; 4) Requests for addition; 5) Requests for deletion; and 6) Requests for cessation of use or cessation of disclosure to third parties. Please refer to ＜ Procedures Concerning Requests for Disclosure＞for details of the procedures for requests above and obtaining a written request form.
Please note that 1) requesting for disclosure and 2) requesting for notification of the intended use are subject to fees.
- Please note that some services provided by Toshiba Information Systems may not be available if the customer does not provide personal data.
- When children under 16 years provide their personal data to Toshiba Information Systems, they should provide them only after obtaining the consent to the provision from a parent or guardian.
- Toshiba Information Systems is not responsible for the security of customers' personal data used on third parties' websites that are linked from websites of Toshiba Information Systems.
Inquiries to Toshiba Information Systems
Contact for inquiries concerning protection of personal data
(Senior Manager of the General Affairs and Security Group, Personnel & General Affairs Division)
1-53 Nissin-cho, Kawasaki-ku, Kawasaki, Kanagawa 210-8540 Japan
Service hours: 9:00-17:00
(Except Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, year-end and New Year holidays, other holidays specified by Toshiba Information Systems)
Please write comments and inquiries as specifically as possible.
Personal Data Protection Manager (Director, General Manager of Business Planning Division)